Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Working to change Golden Corral in Ohio

A poster on opencarry.org had posted that Golden Corral corporate policy is to allow whatever the state allows. Some over there from different states OC there.


I explained that here in Ohio, WE COULD NOT CARRY.

So, I decided to contact them on the corporate link they have online.

PAY SPECIAL ATTN to the fact that before Mr. Sptiz e-mailed me, he had been advised from Rick Trant to talk to me and do the best he can because this issue is a delicate issue with the people in Ohio.

ONCE I TALK TO MR. SPITZ I will tell everyone how the conversation went, HOWEVER judgeing by the e-mails they plan on leaving the signs up, but we will see.....

Here is what I sent & whats happening:

To Whom it may concern, Please allow me to introduce my self, my name is Don (deleted) from Newark Ohio. I am the founder of Licking County Open Carry Club, a member of opencarry.org and NRA. It was recently posted on opencarry.org that Golden Corrals corporate policy regarding firearms is to allow whatever state law allows. In Ohio we have open and concealed carry of firearms for law abiding citizens. Upon my last visits to Golden Corral with my family in Zanesville and Reynoldsburg I had to disarm as the entry door was posted with a No Weapons sign. Can you please clarify the corporate policy for me? If the policy is to follow state law, can we expect the signs to be removed? Myself and others enjoy taking our families to your restaurants and we eagerly await your response. Thank you, Don (deleted) {Please do not post personal contact information in the open forum, please use the Private Message system-sabalo}

Here is what I received:

From:
Sent: Fri 10/15/2010 7:36 PM

To:
Subject: Regarding your Comments and Concerns about Golden Corral


Golden Corral Customer Comments
Notifcation Date: 10/15/2010 7:33:12 PM

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments with us. Your email has been received and forwarded to the Franchise Office over the location that you have specified. Someone will be in contact with you.

Thank you for your patience,
Lisa Parker

Now pay attn below

From: Rick Trant

Sent: Sun 10/17/2010 8:15 AM

To: Dan Spitz

Subject: FW: Regarding your Comments and Concerns about Golden Corral

Dan, did we respond to this yet?

Very delicate issue with the people in Ohio.

Explain thebest you can.

RT

So he sends this:

Mr. (Deleted by me),
I received your email below and would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns over the phone. While I do not believe we will change our policy, I would like to review them with you personally.

Dan Spitz

740-656-(deleted by me)

So, thats where we are. I left a voice mail tonite and will update after I talk to Mr. Spitz, but from his e-mail, it would seem he was advised by a higher up to walk gently, but they do not plan on making a change here in Ohio.

We shall see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment